___WORDS FROM ME_____________________________________

a knowing noah


I received my contributor’s copy of DEAD HARVEST this week, and I have to say it’s an impressive beast. When the anthology’s editor MarkParker said he had high ambitions for the book he wasn’t joking. This is a really well done book, tightly bound, neatly set out, and with great cover art that’s strikingly displayed to full effect in the trade-paperback edition.


To make things even better, there’s some seriously good writers involved in the project too. How about reading work by, among others, these guys:


I’m in there too, but I don’t think I spoil things too badly. My piece is called “A Knowing Noah” and comes in at about 15 pages long. Not too painful in a collection of 50 stories that tops out at 700 pages in length.

I suppose the anthology as a whole is – with tales leaning heavily on the autumn/fall season and for the most part featuring rural settings, rows of corn and creepy woods and totems – a folk horror collection. As far as I know, Mark Gatiss coined the term folk horror in his BBC4 horror film series when describing The Wicker Man and Witchfinder General. It’s as good a description as I can think of to fit these tales.

The book is available in a trade-paperback edition as well as in e-book format. If you have the money, I’d say you should shell out the extra for the paperback. It’s a beautiful thing, chunky and generous, and I think the publishers Scarlet Galleon have a big future ahead of them.

The trade paperback is available here in the UK.
The ebook is available in the UK for Kindle, Nook, and Kobo*.
The trade paperback is available here in the USA.
The ebook is available in the USA for Kindle, Nook, and Kobo*.
And you can get it in all e-formats here at Smashwords.

And if you want something special, some copies have been signed by contributors Richard Chizma and his son Billy Chizmar here at Cemetery Dance Publications.

The book has been out a while now, and is racking up some impressive reviews. If you’re into horror of a more rural bent, this is one to gather up. Recommended.

* Kobo readers are able to use money off vouchers on this title in both the US and UK, so keep an eye on those Kobo-run promotional contests they run.

Post a Comment

© M P Lynch. Powered by Blogger.

©Mark Patrick Lynch 2012-2021

Created by Silver Moose Designs